Psychological Facts About Dreams, Dreams are something that we cannot skip. Whenever we close our eyes for a deep slumber, some imagery figures turn up in our sleep which we call as dreams.
Some say dreams are an indication of what holds in our future and some believe it just reflects the outcome of our daily routine. Yet again, some dreams have such a realistic feeling as if the incident took place in front of our eyes.
However, we do forget some dreams the moment we wake up. Therefore, in this blog we will share some facts about dreams and leave it on you guys to think, whether your dreams indicate your future or they are just fragments of your imagination.
Psychological Facts About Dreams
What are Dreams?
Dreams are the fragments of the stories and images that our mind come up with when we are asleep or our subconscious mind creates when we are awake. One of the key features of the dream is that they keep the ability to make us feel happy, scared or sad.
Sometimes they might feel confusing or absolutely reasonable. Dreams are the fragments of the stories and images that our mind come up with when we are asleep or our subconscious mind creates when we are awake.
One of the key features of the dream is that they keep the ability to make us feel happy, scared or sad. Sometimes they might feel confusing or absolutely reasonable. Dreams occur whenever we sleep; however, the most striking dream appears when we are into a deep sleep when our brain is most active. Experts say that we are prone to dream around four to six times per night.
Why do we Dream?
This is a very crucial question and a lot of research has been carried out in this quest, though none of the scientists have come up with a proper answer.
Some believe dreams are simply absurd stories that our brain creates while we are sleeping; yet other scientists belief that dreams are needed to maintain emotional, mental and physical health.
Many experts belief that we dreams so that
- We can find a solution to the problem which we happen to face at that point of life.
- Consolidate emotions.
- We can rule our emotions.
However, there is no proper answer to this question. Researchers are still working on this theory and trying to come up with a proper answer as why we cannot escape the act of dreaming.
Type of Dreams
Dreams can be divided into different categories. Below are the different types of dreams that most of us experience on a daily basis.
Most of us get into the activity of daydreaming. Daydreaming can be defined as the state which lies in between consciousness and state of sleep that allows the imagination to wander.
Lucid dreams happen when a person wakes up while dreaming. Now, this is considered to be a fantastic thing as a person keeps the ability to do some incredible activity like fly over the houses that he/she is seeing in the dream.
Nightmares are the types of dreams that wake you up making your feel scared and panic. Such dreams are so scary that a person might fear going back to sleep again as they appear too real.
Such dreams tend to repeat themselves, as the name suggests over a week, month or even years. They can make person feel all puzzled as they seem absolutely nonsensical.
Healing Dreams: Some dreams are such that they offer some massage about our body parts where we might suffer any problem.
Psychological Facts about Dreams
- A person does need eyes to dream. A blind person also keeps the ability to dream.
- Dreams tend to negative most of time.
- A dream speaks what we think in our subconscious mind.
- A person can dream in a waking state as well. Thus, one does not need to asleep to dream.
- Dreams bring in a sense of Déjàvu.
Reality Vs Dreams
There are few differences between reality and dream. Though, dreams are considered to be fragments of reality, however they are different in many ways. Dreams are product of mind which creates images and activity generally when we are sleeping. Reality is something that is happening in front of our eyes in waking state and our mind is not connected to all the activities in the reality. Most of the times, we cannot recall dreams completely, whereas we keep the full ability to recall the activities that took place in reality. Dreams tend to end after a certain point of time. Reality is never ending and it keeps unfolding the truth of life.
Facts about Dreams
We will end the blog by sharing some facts about dreams for our readers.
- We keep the ability of controlling our dreams. This form of dreaming is called lucid dreaming.
- History has revealed that dreams are one of the best ways that has led to number of inventions and keeps the ability to spark a person’s brain with innovative ideas.
- The arrival of colour television has increased the number of person dreaming colour images while asleep.
- Dreams are symbolic and always tend to pass a message to our life which might prove to be helpful in future.
- Women and men can experience orgasm in their dreams.
- Toddlers are considered to be bad dreamers and cannot connect to their own dreams till the age of four.
- Dreams can make us feel paralysed and we might find it difficult to move in our dreams which in turn make it difficult for to move when we wake up.
Also Read :
Education system in India Essay
Love Marriage vs Arranged Marriage
Swapna phal – The Meaning Of Dreams
Farewell Speech for Students
Famous Personalities who got converted to Hinduism
Aadhar Address Change in the Aadhar Details Updation
Mothers Day In India – When & Why Did We Celebrate?
The Glory Of Baahubali, In Numbers!
Himalayan Rivers of India
Surya Namaskar – Sun Salutation
Triple Talaq – How It Effects Indian Muslim Women?
Essay on Importance of Education
Yogi Adityanath as CM, Inline With BJP Guidelines?
Advantages and Disadvantages of Internet