Mahanandi Temple is situated in Mahanandi village some 21 kms from Nandyal, Kurnool district, Andhra Pradesh. It is a punya kshetra and punya tirtha. Mahanandi temple timings are mentioned for information.
India is a holy land of Rishi Munis who have sacrificed their personal needs and led their life in service of God. They have chosen and sanctified few areas around the country called Kshetras (holy places of worship) and Tirthas(holy places with soul purifying water bodies) for the common man. While most temple towns are either Kshetras or Tirthas, Mahanandi temple is both. The temple is a Punya or holy Kshetra where Lord Shiva and his vehicle Nandi are revered. The temple also a Tirtha sthala or a holy water body; taking a dip in the water of the temple pool absolves you from all the sins you have committed in this birth.
There are eight other Nandi shrines present in and around the Nallamala Hills. They are
- Prathama Nandi, close to Nandyal railway station
- Naga Nandi, situated inside Nandyal Anjaneya temple;
- Soma Nandi, in the town of Atmakur;
- Surya Nandi, situated about six miles away from Mahanandi;
- Vinayaka Nandi, located in the north-western part of Mahanandi temple
- Krishna Nandi, also called Vishnu Nandi situated about 2 miles from Mahanandi temple;
- Shiva Nandi, located 13 kms off Nandyal town and finally
- Garuda Nandi, this Nandi is in the western premises of Mahanandi temple
The main Gopuram is built in Badami Chalukyan style and the other structures are done in Vijayanagara style.
Mahanandi Temple Timings
The Mahanandi temple is open on all days from 5:30 am to 9:00pm.on all the days in a year.
Mahanandi Temple Timings for Darshan & Poojas
Mahanandi Temple timings and darshan timings are the same every day. Plan your trip according to the Mahanandi Temple timings/ Pooja details mentioned below.
- Early morning 4.30 am to 5.00 a.m. Suprabhatha seva
- Between 5.00 .m to 5.30 am. Sthanika Abhishekam, Bindhe seva is performed
- Astavidha Maha Mangala Harathi is performed between 5.30 am to 6.30 am
- Sarva Darshan Seva is performed many times a day. It includes
Sparsha Darshan (devotees can touch the deity)
Rudrabhishekam for couples
Ksheera Abhishekam for couples
The first Sarva Darshan of the day is between 6.30 am to 8.00 am
- The time for Nijaroopa darshan in the morning is 8.00 am to 9.00 am
- After 9.00 until 11.00 am Sarva Darshan is conducted again
- Perform Nitya kalyana seva at 11.00 am
- Between 11.00 am to 12.00 pm be showered with Gods’ Graces with Nijaroopa Darshan
- 12 noon to 12.30 pm is the time for Sarva Darshan that includes Seghra darshan, Sparsha Darshan, Rudrabhisekam, Ksherabhisekam and Mahadhaservachana Darshanam
- Maha Nivedana or food offerings is made to the Lord from 12.30 pm to 1.00pm
- Temple is closed for a break between 1.00 to 2.00 pm
- Sarva Darshan is open again between 2.00 5.30p.m.
- Take part in Astavidha Maha Mangala Harathi between 5.30 to 6.30pm
- Again from 6.30pm to 7.00 pm Sarva Darshan can be offered to Lord Shiva
- Third Nijaroopa darshan of the day is between 7.00 pm to 8 pm
- The final Sarva Darshan seva of the day is conducted between 8.00pm to 9.00 pm
- Ekantha Seva between 9.00 pm – 9.30 pm is the last ritual at this ancient temple of Lord Shiva.
Mahanandi Darshan Ticket Details
The cost of various Darshan/Sevas mentioned under Mahanandi Temple timings is detailed in a tabular form.
|Type of Seva / Darshan||Cost|
|2||Astavidha Maha Mangala Harathi||Rs.100/-|
|5.||Rudrabhishekam for couples||Rs.1000/-|
|6.||Ksheraabhisekam for couples||Rs.200/-|
|9||Nithya Kalyana Seva||Rs.1116/|
Visit Mahanandi temple and be blessed by the merciful and benevolent Lord Shiva.
Thirunageswaram Temple Timings
Kapaleeswarar Temple Timings
Basara Temple Timings
Ghati Subramanya Temple Timings
Kanipakam Temple Timings
Bhadrachalam Temple Timings
Simhachalam Temple Timings
Thiruthani Temple Timings
Vellore Golden Temple Timings
Guruvayur Temple Timings
Srikalahasti Temple Timings
Yadagirigutta Temple Timings
Thirunallar Temple Timings