The Mahamrityunjaya Mantra, also termed as the Tryambakam Mantra, is a prayer offered to the ancient deities viz. Indra, Varuna, and Mitra. This prayer is recitation of names to Lord Shiva, and is believed to overcome death to nourish and nurture human beings from all illness and diseases.
Types of Mahamrityunjaya Mantra
Ekakshar Mrityunjay Mantra
Trayakshar Mrityunjay Mantra
Chaturakshar Mrityunjay Mantra
Navakshar Mrityunjay Mantra
Mahamrityunjaya Mantra in English
Om Tryambakam Yajamahe
Mrityor Mukshiya Maamritat
Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra Meaning
- aum = is a sacred syllable in Sanatan Dharma.
- tryambakam = the three-eyed one
- yajāmahe = We adore, honor and worship.
- sugandhim = sweet fragrance.
- puṣṭi = A fullness of life.
- vardhanam = One who nourishes and strengthens health and wealth.
- puṣṭi+vardhanam = The one who nourishes others and ensures their fullness.
- urvārukam-iva = like the cucumber or melon or a big peach.
- bandhanān = “from captivity”.
- mṛtyormukṣīya = Free, liberate From death.
- mā’mṛtāt = immortality.
Mahamrityunjaya Mantra in Hindi
ओम त्र्यंबकम याजमाहे
श्रीमती मुंशी ममृितत
Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra in Telugu
ఓం త్రయంబకం యజామహే సుగంధిం పుష్టివర్ధనం
ఉరువరుకమివ బబన్ధనత్ మ్రుతోర్ ముక్షియ మమ్రుతాట్
Maha Mrityunjaya Mantra in Tamil
ஓம் த்ரயம்பகம் யஜமஹி
சுகந்திம் புஷ்டி வர்தனம்
ம்ருத்யோர் முக்ஷிய மம்ருடட்
Mahamrityunjaya Mantra in Gujarati
ઓમ ત્ર્યામ્બકામ યજામહે સુગંધિમ પુશ્તીવાર્ધાનામ
ઉર્વારુકામીવા બબંધાનત મૃતોર્મુક્શીયા મામૃતાત
Mahamrityunjay Mantra Benefits
Mahamrityunjay Mantra is a very powerful life restoring mantra to overcome all illness and chronic diseases. Regular recitation of this Mantra helps in restoring health and peace of mind. It is believed that it has some sort of supernatural power that will help you to open blocked energy points in your body, heal the ailments. And with regards to astrology, it can also overcome the harsh effects of the planets in the individual horoscope.
Mahamrityunjaya Mantra Video
Mahamrityunjaya Mantra MP3 Download