Gautama Buddha (also known as Siddhartha Buddha) was a saint who impacted the lives of thousands of people in the 6th and 4th BCE (Before Common Era) with the help of this intense spiritual wisdom.
Preachings of Gautama Buddha
The word Buddha means the awakened one or the enlightened one. Irrespective of the culture you were born and brought up in and the religion you follow, the teachings of Buddha are universal. His teachings have given strength to the people to face the reality and make them analyze their thoughts and feelings. The teachings of Lord Buddha not only gave a deeper insight into one’s existence, but also made remarkable contribution in rescuing one from the day-to-day dissensions in minds.
We present you the 15 valuable quotes from the collection of Buddha’s preachings that will enable you to accomplish a new point of view to peace, a state of well being and help you set yourself free from the incarcerations of life.
- Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
- The one word that brings peace is better than a thousand hollow words.
- Your work is to discover your world and then give yourself to it with all your heart.
- Concentrate your mind on the present moment without dwelling in the past or dreaming of the future.
- Only 3 things matter in the end: how elegantly you let go of things that are not meant for you, how gently you lived and how much you loved.
- You will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky when you realize how perfect everything is.
- What we think we become. The mind is everything. What we have taught results in all that we are.
- As you travel and eat and walk, stay where you are or else you will miss most of your life.
- Now, you are the community. Be a lamp for yourself. Be your own outcast. Desire for no other. Everything should pass. Do not give up. Struggle in a way that shows conscientiousness and care in your duties or work.
- Not his foe or enemy but his own mind that lures a man to evil ways.
- Being fearless is the whole secret of existence. Never depend on anyone. Do not fear anytime what will become of you. You will be freed only at the moment you reject all the help.
- No one can save you but yourself. No one may and no one can. You yourself should walk the path.
- If you do not act upon the holy words you read or speak, what good will they do for you?
- Eyes get allured by the physical charms but the mind gets allured by goodness.
- Doubt everything. Discover your own light.
Also watch this Preachings of Lord Budha: