Junk Food Essay
Are you a Junk food addict?
Well, are you one of those individuals who are crazy about having junk food?
Do you include junk food in your daily routine?
Do you rely on quick bites rather than having a proper healthy meal?
Then this article is exactly for you. In this article, we are going to talk “All you need to know about Junk Food: Facts, Adverse effects, Tips for the cure.
What is Junk Food?
Any food which is low in fiber and high in carbohydrates and sugar content is commonly referred as Junk Food.
Is Junk food bad for your health?
Yes, it is definitely bad for your health.
Here are few facts about Junk Food that everyone should be aware of and take necessary precautions.
Junk Food Facts
- Junk Food is low in fiber and high in calories
- Junk food tastes good. So we end up eating more food. Results in overweight and ultimately fall into the obese category.
- A small portion of food has the highest amount of calories. If your body is stocking too much of calories, it will end up in as fat which is accumulated in your body.
- Rich in sugars, mostly consumed in liquid format (i.e. Soda, milkshakes etc.)
- Junk food is readily available so you don’t have to spend time cooking a healthy meal for yourself. This is one of the major reasons why most of us tend to opt a quick bite in spite of being unhealthy.
- Junk Food has a lot of preservatives added, so it is not fresh. Most of the time you end up eating stale food.
- You tend to spend more money buying junk food and then eventually when you are ill you will end up buying medicines. So ultimately you are paying your hard earn money to someone just like that
Junk Food Effects
If you have completely given up and started living on Junk food then probably it’s time for you change. You have to spend time in taking care of yourself otherwise you might end up with serious chronic diseases. Few of them being:
If Junk food is a part of your daily routine diet, then there are more number of chances that you end up in the obese category. Well, trust me this not at all good. Being obese is really hard as your lifestyle changes completely and it is really hard for you to get back to normal unless you are determined to do so. A lot of obese individuals are prone to cardiovascular diseases or end up diabetic.
During puberty period within teenagers they undergo a lot of hormonal changes within the body and having a proper healthy diet is very important at this stage, if they tend to eat junk food regularly then it will impact their hormonal balance and end up with depression issues.
As stated earlier, Junk food is rich in carbohydrates and sugar levels. This increases the insulin levels within the body and slowly get to a chronic condition of having obesity and Type 2 diabetes.
Junk food is very low in terms of providing necessary nutrients for overall body growth and leads to having low energy, mood swings and less resistance power compared to others.
How To Avoid Junk Food
This is going to be a challenge for individuals who have got used to Junk food in their daily diet routine. Following these tips will teach you “How to stop eating junk food”.
Here are few tips that will help you avoid eating junk food and will teach you “How to stay away from Junk food. In return, it will help you to maintain your metabolism and builds your immune system.
- Start preparing quick meals for yourself replacing junk food with a tasty salad
- Stop consuming soda or fluids which have high sugar content. Please include fruit smoothies or vegetable smoothies
- Have a heavy and healthy breakfast. This is the most important meal of the day
- Include dry fruits like cashew, almonds, and dates to your diet. They are rich in fiber and provides proteins.
I am sure you are going to take a wise decision about consuming your food from onwards, please make sure that you avoid eating Junk food and cultivate a habit of eating nutritious meals. It is going to be difficult for you at the beginning but the end result will be very much appreciated.