Facts About Baahubali
- Baahubali shooting began on 6 July 2013 in Kurnool district of Andhra Pradesh.
- The overall budget for both the parts of the film marked over Rs 400-450 crore.
- Prabhas, the main star of the film roped in Rs 24 crore after spending a period of 5 years. He incorporated the gym equipment worth 1.5 crores at his home.
- 70% of the film was shot at Ramoji Film City, Hyderabad. 110 acres of land was utilized to shoot war scenes alone in RFC.
- The Pre-Production continued for over 1 year, the highest for any movie till date.
- 1000 workers worked in shifts for 200 days on 20 acres to build the kingdom.
- The waterfall sequence alone was shot for 109 days.
- 20 acres of maize crops has been cultivated especially for the scenes involving farm land, to get that authentic feel.
- Generally, any film creates a set up to 24-foot-high, but for Baahubali, the makers decided to go up to 45-foot-high scale sets.
Interesting Facts about Bahubali
- 90% of the film has VFX. 17 VFX companies, 26 VFX studio, 600 VFX artists, 5000 VFX Shots and 25 national award winners worked for the movie grandeur. VFX footage in certain shots costed around Rs. 5000/second.
- Over 1500 pieces of jewelry were made for the characters in the film.
- 6 variant maces (gadhas) were specially designed for Bhallaladeva (Rana) war sequences.
- Bhallaladeva statue was a 130-foot statue that weighs 8,000 kg. It was made by 200 sculptors. It took 4 cranes to erect the statue straight and 12 days for the shot of the scene.
- A complete new language “kiliki” has been scripted specially for the film with around 750 new words and grammar rules!!
- 2000 Body Builders; 1000 artists; 1000 workers; 250 Horses; and around 20 elephants were involved during the shoot of war sequence. Over 20,000 weapons were designed for these soldiers. It took 120 days for shooting these scenes.
- The makers have spent a whopping Rs 85 crores on the visual effects of the film itself.
- Over 1000 Technicians and 600 people worked on Visual Effects and camera graphics for the film.
- The shoot of climax sequence of the Baahubali 2, alone costed around Rs 30 crore.
- The movie was shot in an aspect ratio of 16:9 for brighter and better quality visuals.
- The largest poster measuring 50,000 feet was created and it was recorded in the Guinness Book of World Records.
- It will be the first Indian movie to get released in the 4K High Definition format. The old standard theaters have to adapt this new technology.
- This movie was released in around 15 Languages including Hindi, Malayalam, English, French, Chinese & Japanese.
- The film created a history by screening in as many as 9,000 screens throughout the world.
- In India alone, it is released on 6,500 screens. It got released in 135 screens in US.
- The film has the highest rating of 9.4 out of 10 on IMDB so far.
- The tickets were sold for about Rs. 5,000 up to Rs. 8,000 each in the black market.
- Over 1 million tickets were sold during the pre-booking just within a span of 24 hours.
- 12 tickets were sold every second before the release of the movie, according to statistics made by BookMyShow.
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’ collected highest box-office opening at Rs. 122 crores across India. It has amassed Rs 200 crore plus gross at the worldwide box office.
- Even before the release, the movie made an estimated profit of Rs. 500 Crore through satellite rights and theater distributors.
- 120 Crore has been collected through Baahubali 2 Hindi rights purchased by Karan Johar. Sony Television bragged the rights with whooping Rs. 51 Crore.
- This epic movie has collected $800k in the USA alone through advance booking.
- Baahubali is the only movie that got featured on BBC’s documentary on 100 years of cinema even before its release.
- This is the 1st Indian movie which is going to have its own museum featuring all the armours, costumes, jewellery and weapons casted in the movie.
Baahubali 2 smashes the Box Office records, becomes the First Indian Movie Ever to collect Rs.1000 Crore Worldwide.