Essay on Republic Day – In India, Republic Day is celebrated as an annual festival on the 26th day of January every year. This day is considered to be one of the most prestigious days in the history of India.
Essay On Republic Day
History and Importance
26th of January is known as the red-letter day in the pages of Indian history. The Indians celebrate this day every year with enthusiasm and due respect for all the freedom fighters who gave their blood for the independence of this nation. Thus, we Indians celebrate this day with a sense of pride in our heart and soul. Republic Day is a National Holiday in India. It is the day when the Indian Constitution came into operation in the year 1950. Also, it is the same day when India was declared as a Democratic, Sovereign and Republic Country. Thus, it is one of the most significant days in our country.
Struggles Behind Republic Day
The path to Republic Day which we celebrate today involves a lot of struggle and sacrifice in the past. A lot of young Indian boys and girls shed their blood for attaining freedom and well-being of the nation. The proposal of the Republic Day was first placed by Pt Jawaharlal Nehru in the Lahore session of Indian National Congress, which took place at the midnight of 31st December. 1930. In this session, tricolour flag was unrolled and it was decided to celebrate Independence Day on the 26th day of January every year. Leading political leaders like Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad, Mahatma Gandhi, Mohammad Ali Jinnah and Sardar Vallabh Bhai Patel placed the challenge to the British Empire in terms of stopping India from attaining their right to freedom. The British Empire finally had to give up and India became a republic, sovereign and democratic country.
Essay on Republic Day – Slogans On Republic Day
- We have been free of ruling body, however; still getting ruled by corruption and terrorism.
- In true sense, freedom is being free of diseases, greediness and filthy mind.
- Real state of freedom is one with the controlled five sense organs.
- Let us see a dream at this republic day; One Nation, One Vision, and One Identity.
- Being Indian is our identity however; being republican is our country’s identity.
- Tiranga, which we unfurl on Republic Day, indicates our freedom.
- It’s our pleasure to celebrate Republic Day every year.
- Let us take a pledge at this republic day to live for India till the last breath of life.
- If you want to live with freedom, love your country!
- Clean India, Developed India will be really an incredible India.
Quotes On Republic Day
Some of the most famous quotes of Republic day were given by the leading personalities of the Nation. Below are the examples of such quotes.
- “Let us together commence a journey of peace, harmony and progress in South Asia.” – Atal Behari Vajpayee
- “Citizenship consists in the service of the country.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
- “India has no dearth of brave young men and women and if they get the opportunity and help then we can compete with other nations in space exploration and one of them will fulfil her dreams.” – Atal Behari Vajpayee
- “I feel that the constitution is workable, it is flexible and it is strong enough to hold the country together both in peacetime and in wartime. Indeed, if I may say so, if things go wrong under the new Constitution, the reason will not be that we had a bad Constitution. What we will have to say is that Man was vile.” – B. R. Ambedkar
- “Democracy means nothing if people are not able to work the democracy for the common good.” – Chandra Bhushan
- “Freedom isn’t free. It shouldn’t be a bragging point that ‘Oh, I don’t get involved in politics,’ as if that makes someone cleaner. No, that makes you derelict of duty in a republic. Liars and panderers in government would have a much harder time of it if so many people didn’t insist on their right to remain ignorant and blindly agreeable.” – Bill Maher
Essay on Republic Day – Awards On Republic Day
Republic Day is that special day when the bravery award is given to the children and light is shed on the proud winners during the parade. Padma award is also declared by the Government to the deserving citizens of the Nation and ‘Veer Chakra‘ awards are presented to the gallant soldiers. However, the highest civilian award is ‘Bharat Ratna’ is given to the most significant figure of the nation for the biggest contribution to the nation.
Essay on Republic Day – Proud Moments On Republic Day
In the year 2014, during the 65th Republic Day of the nation, the entire parade was held near the Marine Drive in Mumbai by the Maharashtra Government just like one that is done in Delhi.
US President Barack Obama attended the 2015 Republic Day Celebration as the Chief. Bothe these moments are considered to be the proud moment for the nation.
Also Read :