Essay on Best friend – A friend in need is a friend indeed. So goes the saying it is very much true. Making friends are not easy, but if you have them you are lucky. Even so, if the friend becomes your best friend then life is a song.
A best friend is somebody special. They are like a mirror and show what is wrong or right for you. They laud you for your victories, support and guide you when you are down and also correct you if you are not correct.
They give a shoulder if you are sad and protect you in case of trouble. Two girl best friends do girly stuff together. Two boy best friends do macho things together. While two girl/boy combination share lot of things in common.
Essay On Best Friend
Importance Of Best Friend
A best friend is not a person who says what you like or does what pleases. He/she should is the one who thinks for your well being and does whatever it takes to help you in this regard. There should also be reciprocation in the same manner from your side as well. Some of the features of this type of friendship are:
- Best friend is like family
- You value your best friend’s opinion more than anything else
- Your best friend is not jealous of you
- They are loyal to you; no matter what
- Even if you have moved to a far of place you can understand each other at any point of time
- You confide most of your secrets to your best friend.
- Your best friends are worthy of your trust
- You are most comfortable in their presence
- Best friends give honest opinions
- And finally they give you unconditional love
Best friends can be perform different roles at different times. They can be your entertainers, companions, guides, coworkers, father figure, guardian angels, motivators, irritators, imitators, joker, counselor or protectors as need be.
How Best Friend Is Different From Normal Friend
Friends can be found at different walks of life. When at school the person sitting next to you could be your friend. While travelling, co-passengers can be your friend. Your neighbor could be your friend. Your co-worker could be your friend. Your spouse and children can be your friend. You may have pen pals on the other side of the world. Frineds in social media are now common.
But, best friends are made of sterner stuff. One of the above persons can become best friend if he understands you well and also thinks about your well being. A best friend is loyal to only you and he himself shares his concerns with you. He is able to make you comfortable whatever the situation and boosts your self esteem even when others look down upon you.
Some Differences Between Best Friend And Normal Friend are Highlighted Below
- Best friends are always available, no matter what time of the day
- Best friends accept you as you are, with your follies while normal friends try to change you
- Best friends give honest opinions while normal friends may just praise whatever you are doing
- Best friends give proper advice while normal friends may mislead you
- Best friends point out your mistakes on your face but normal friends, in most cases, will not.
- Best friends are loyal and give lot of importance to it than normal friends
- Best friends support in times of need while other friends may back-off
- Best friends are never jealous
- Best friends are soul-mates while most normal friends are acquaintances
Any Examples of best friend ( like celebrities, politicians, familiar personalities etc)
History is witness to some good examples of best friends.
Some examples of best friends can be seen in Hindu Mythology.
Karna and Duryodhana
Duryodhana made his best friend who was a charioteer a king. And Karna reciprocated by giving up his life to save Duryodhana
Krishna And Sudama
Lord Krishna’s best friend in Childhood was Sudama. At one stage when Krishna was hungry his best friend gave him food to eat. At another point of time when Krishna became king he met a poor and impoverished Sudama. He, without asking any details, instantly granted wealth and property on Sudama when the latter approached him.
Ram And Sugreeva
Ram became friends with Sugreeva when his wife was kidnapped by Ravana, the asura. Ram helped Sugriva regain his kingdom from his evil brother, Vali. Sugreeva later helped Ram by providing him an army of vanaras to locate Ram’s wife Sita devi and also fight the terrible asura, Ravana.
Other Instances Of Best Friends
- Two great authors C.S.Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien were best of friends. They inspired each other to write great stories and the result is here to see…..Lord of Rings and the hobbit by J.R.R.Tolkien and The Chronicles of Narnia and The screwtape letters by C.S.Lewis.
- Agrippa and Octavius during the period 42-12BC. Agrippa the statesman and general helped August Octavius to set-up the Roman empire.
- Mozart and Haydn – While Haydn played mentor to Mozart while Mozart dedicated some of his compositions to his friend
- Henry Ford and Thomas Alva Edison. Edison helped Ford’s automobile industry with technology and shared interest in the business.
- Among celebrities Marilyn Monroe and Ella Fitzgerald were great friends. Marilyn helped Ella when racism was a problem.
- Chris Evert and Martina Navratilova were both opponents on the tennis court but were great friends off-court.
Quotes on Best Friend
Some quotes on the subject – Best friend
“A Friend is someone who can see the truth and pain in you even when you are fooling someone else” – Unknown writer
“A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words” – Unknown writer
“Friendship isn’t about whom you have known the longest……It’s about who came and never left your side……” Unknown author
“Things are never quite as scary when you’ve got a best friend” Bill Watterson
“My Best Friend is the one who brings the best in me” – Henry Ford
Friends are soul-mates in this dark-dreary world of competition and jealousy. The help us in every way possible and keep our self-esteem flying high. He inspires, mentors and treat us in times of trouble. Like they say we cannot choose blood relations. We can but choose friends, who will help us find our life goals in their style of living and also give us a second option on how to lead a better life.
Also Read :