After eating a bunch of burgers to win the contest, Garv found out that he had ended up causing a tear in the inner lining of his stomach.
“My friends and I took part in the competition which I won after eating the maximum number of burgers. The next day, I noticed blood in my vomit and immediately went to the doctor. The doctor told me it was due to the chilli burgers I ate,” the second-year Delhi University student said.Even doctors at the BLK Kapur Speciality Hospital were surprised to see Garv’s condition. An endoscopy revealed that the inner lining of his stomach was ruptured and the torn area had to be removed via surgery.
Doctor Deep Goyal said that chilli is acetic and can lead to acidity, adding that consuming it in excess can have a direct impact on the lining. “We have seen many cases of stomach damage due to ulcers and excessive consumption of alcohol, but this is the first such case caused by a chilli burger,” he said.
Source: Times of India