Before we get into aadhar address change process, let us know about Aadhar Card. The Aadhar card is a single document that can be shown as an address or proof of ID, validated by the Indian Government. The aadhar card contains the personal information of an individual including fingerprint and retina scans. For all the Indians, the Aadhar card has to be created and maintained in a central registry. As this involves a huge population, it is highly probable that mistakes can happen in address mismatches, last names written in place of middle names, spellings etc. In aadhar card, if there is any data that needs to be updated like aadhar address change, you need to follow the below mentioned process.
Aadhar Address Change
You can correct any information that is incorrect if the mobile number you have registered with the Aadhar card registrars is correct. You can do it through the UIDAI(Unique Identification Authority of India) portal. The steps are mentioned below.
- Log on to the official SSUP(Aadhar Self Service Portal)
- In the field(Enter your Aadhar number) provided, enter the Aadhar card number which needs aadhar address change.
- Text Verification number must be entered which is displayed below the number field of aadhar card and click on “Generate OTP.”
- To your mobile number that is registered, an OTP (One-Time Password) will be sent and you can utilise this to log in to your Aadhar account. The main purpose of this is authentication to make sure that no one manipulates the details of aadhar card other than card holder.
- The next page that you will be redirected to is the “Data Update Request” page. In this page, you must designate which information is incorrect on the card. In this article, as we are discussing about the aadhar address change, you must select the aadhar address change option. You must be very careful while entering the information in this section as this data will reflect in your card later.
- The “Documents Required” section is the next one after this. In this section, you have to upload a recognized document’s official copy(or you have to submit according to the given instructions) that validates the change that is required. This means, for the aadhar address change, you must send some form of ID proof’s copy that validates your changed address.
- You will now move to “BPO Service Provider Selection” section. In this section, you have to select the BPO Service Provider. Select either Karvy or Aegis and click on the Submit button.
- You can download the update verification copy once the request has been submitted successfully.
Aadhar Address Change via Post
If you wish to have change in aadhar address through postal service using a letter, the “Aadhaar Data Update/Correction Form” can be downloaded by you from
Aadhar card correction form
The Aadhar card Update Form for the aadhar address change and the instructions for filling the form are shown below.
Aadar Card Address Change Documents
These documents can be submitted at the updating/correction time are
- Passport of parents for miners
- Gas connection bill(recent one and not more than 3 months old)
- Handicapped medical certificate/Disability ID card
- Domicile and Case certificate along with the photo furnished by the State Government
- Photo identity card furnished by the Department of Posts
- Registered agreement of rent, lease or sale.
- Certificate of vehicle registration.
- Income tax assessment order.
- Certificate of address furnished by the village panchayat.
- Certificate of address consisting of the photo furnished by Tehsildar/Gazetted Officer/MLA/MP on the letterhead.
- ECHS/CGHS card.
- Kissan passbook.
- Freedom fighter card.
- Pensioner card.
- Arms license.
- NREGS job card.
- Signed letter containing the photo furnished by the recognized educational institution on the letterhead.
- Signed letter containing the photo from registered company on the letterhead.
- Signed letter containing the photo from bank on the letterhead.
- Insurance policy.
- Credit Card statement (recent one and not beyond 3 months old).
- Property Tax receipt (recent one and not beyond 3 months old).
- Telephone landline bill (recent one and not beyond 3 months old).
- Water bill (recent one and not beyond 3 months old).
- Electricity bill (recent one and not beyond 3 months old).
- Government service photo ID card/photo ID card furnished by PSU.
- Driving license.
- Voter ID.
- Ration Card.
- Passbook or Bank statement.
The Address for sending the Aadhar Correction/Update Request by Post
Once the form is completely filled out and signed, attach the required POA and POI to it and post it to
Post Box number 10,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001,
Post Box number 99,
Hyderabad – 500034,
It will take around 15 days to process the request/application and the information of Aadhar on file will be updated in that time.
Things to Remember During Aadhar Address Change
Like in case with the application form rejection, there is a chance of correction request rejection as well. This happens if the information present in the forms is not filled properly or if the forms are not accurate. In case of rejection, you must start from scratch again. Therefore, to decrease the risk of rejections, we must follow the below steps
- Ensure that you furnish all the data that needs to be corrected in the field that is specified.
- Fill the details in your local language or in English.
- See that the supporting documents you furnish must be a part of the list of documents that are approved.
- Don’t use any titles or salutations while writing names.
- Keep the URN safe if you file for online corrections as you need it to check the update’s status.
- Ensure that you provide all the details in block letters while going for the offline option.
- If you lost your phone number which you utilized while registering, go for the offline option for updating the aadhar information.
- Remember carefully that after correction, the aadhar card will be delivered to address mentioned on record. So, make sure that you are at the location to receive it.
- You must attest the documents’ copies which you send. The guardians or parents can attest such documents if the cardholder is a minor.
- Send the required documents only to support the information being changed. For the aadhar address change, send the address proof documents only.
Aadhar Card Related Links:
Aadhar Update Status: Click to Know your Adhar Update Status
Uidai Gov Check Your Aadhaar Status: Click to Know your Adhar Status
Aadhar Card Download With Aadhaar Number: Click to Download
Aadhar Card Download With Enrollment ID: Click to Download
Highest Waterfalls in India
Different Types Of Trees
Migratory Birds- The Guests For Whom We Wait
Psychological Facts About Boys
All You Need To Know About The World of Dream
Munawwar Rana Shayari
Different Types Of Flowers
Different Types Of Birds
How To Stop Corruption In India
Biodiversity in India
Impact of GST on Indian Economy
Social Networking in Our Lives
World No Tobacco Day